When I got my first job when I was fifteen I really had nothing to spend money on, so I became queen of the makeup. I bought eyeshadows in every color imaginable, nine different mascara formulas, and enough lipgloss to last a life time. I was swimming in makeup and my house was the go to place to get ready for dances because I had enough to go around.
Since then I have become much less high maintenance and I stick to a basic routine saving me time and money. Most days I don’t bother with makeup (because I hate taking it off!) but when I do wear makeup, I usually stick to the same look that covers all of the basics. I’ve compiled a list of my must have beauty items that contains a combination of both high end and drugstore items!
- Too Faced Natural Eye Palette – This palette has me completely covered: There are light, pretty shades perfect for daytime, but also deeper shimmery ones for if I want to add some drama to the look. Even on days when I don’t wear eyeshadow, I use Sexpresso to fill in and help shape my eyebrows.
- Benefit’s Watts Up – This is the prettiest highlighter I have ever used. It’s adds a glow to my face without looking glittery or unnatural and it looks gorgeous when the light hits it. I got the mini size as a free sample months ago, and I am only half way through it now. I use this on my cheekbones and cupid’s bow whenever I do a full makeup look, and I really love how it ties everything together.
- Covergirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous – I have a confession: I am anti-foundation. When my skin is good I don’t need it, and when my skin looks bad I don’t want to clog it up and make it worse, so I usually go without. But I recently received this foundation and I really do like it a lot. I won’t wear it on a daily basis, but it added a beautiful sheer coverage and it’s going to be great for when I want to go all out.
- Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara – I love mascara and big eyelashes, and this specific tube really does the trick. It makes my eyelashes huge and long (I like this better than benefit’s falsies!) and it has a mini applicator for the bottom eyelashes. Overall this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used and I highly recommend it if you like the false lashes look!
- Softlips Cube – I am a big chapstick lover and I go through favorites nearly weekly, but for now this is my chapstick of choice. It smells like cinnamon roll glaze, goes on smoother than any other I’ve tried, and lasts for a long time!
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner – This is my favorite product of all. I got this as a gift with purchase from Sephora this summer and I have fallen in love. It’s the easiest eyeliner I’ve ever used and it’s super black and smudge-proof. It stays as long as you need it to and it can go on super thin or thicker for a dramatic look.
- Korres Lip Butter – I have chronically dry lips and no matter how much coconut oil I put on them or water I drink they just dry out again an hour later, so when I want color, it has to be moisturizing. This product is fantastic because it’s so smooth and hydrating and it adds the prettiest pink flush to my lips.
- Benefit’s Erase Paste – This is hands down the best under eye concealer I have ever tried. I have seen a lot of hate for it on the internet and I cannot begin to fathom why. I have deep bluish purple circles under my eyes and I have for years, and this concealer is the only one I’ve used that can completely hide them. Even on days when I don’t wear any other makeup, I am typically wearing this.
- NYX Creme Blush – I really don’t like using powders because my skin is so dehydrated but I love having a pink flush. Creme blushes are a God send because of this and I haven’t found a better brand then the NYX ones, which are super affordable and there is a great variety!
- NYC Sunny Bronzer – I don’t do much when it comes to contouring, but I’ve found that just a dusting of this under my cheekbones does wonders for defining without looking fake or overdone.
Those are my top ten beauty must haves – what are yours?