If you follow me on Twitter or YouTube you might already know this, but I thought that I’d make it official by announcing it here: I am moving to NYC! A few weeks ago I got an offer for my dream internship (on Twitter of all places!) and I’m in the midst of apartment hunting now – and it’s crunch time! My first day on the job is March 14th!
I’m about to get a bit cheesy here so bear with me, but when I took the semester off my practical side was afraid it was going to be a decision that would ruin my life. Instead I listened to my inner optimist (as I tend to do) who was telling me that it would be a life changing decision, and not necessarily in a bad way.
I kept telling Chris about an inexplicable feeling that things were going to change in a big way this spring (and I applaud him for not rolling his eyes at me.)
Ever since I started taking blogging seriously I’ve always said I needed to move to a big city (though I was certain it’d be Chicago) and chase bigger opportunities.
The internship is only for six months, so the move isn’t permanent. But while I’m there I am so eager to soak up everything I can learn from my coworkers (they seem awesome, y’all!), explore the city, and meet some fabulous people.
So I’m sort of ignoring everything I ever learned about stranger danger and internet safety when I say this, but if you’re an NYC blogger (or creative of any kind!) and want to meet up for coffee, do an awesome collab, or go on adventures let me know! I am really excited to meet some great people and make some blogger magic happen!
What I’m most excited for:
- Starting my internship! (It sounds like it’s going to be so much fun!)
- Living in the city – I am so excited to explore!
- Trying the great food (there seem to be vegetarian restaurants on almost every block!)
- Meeting other bloggers are creaties (hit me up!)
- Living in a tiny apartment – I feel like it’s a rite of passage!
- Friends and family are already planning visits – I’m so excited to get to play tour guide and offer my favorite people a place to stay!
- The experience as a whole!
- Leaving my family and all of my friends behind will be a big adjustment.
- I’m going to miss so many of Wyatt’s milestones when I’m gone. Going from seeing him everyday to not at all will be rough!
- Meeting new people – this is a pro and a con. I’m a bit introverted so approaching new people is tough for me!
- The city is a bit smelly. I’ve been there once and the smell has stuck with me ever since. Luckily that’s something I’m willing to get over!
- Going even longer distance with Chris.
A few weeks ago I posted a picture of a new travel journal mentioning I needed to find some adventure, and this move definitely qualifies.
I’ve been filling the new journal with some exciting plans and places I want to visit (many of which have been inspired by some of Damon & Jo’s videos!) but I would love some recommendations for where to visit while I’m there!
I covered the basics when I visited this summer: The Brooklyn Bridge, Eatlay, Central Park, etc. So if you have any recommendations that are a bit outside of the box I’d love to hear them!