Summer is hands down my favorite time of the year. As if boating, sunshine, and ice cream trucks weren’t enough, summer also brings with it effortless, beachy fashion and beauty trends. I’m all about summer fashion, but I’m also all about protecting my skin in the summer, so it’s a bit harder for me to get that famous summer glow. Mary Kay® is the Official Beauty Sponsor of Project Runway, and with their makeup magic they created a killer Beach Bronze look that I was dying to recreate. While I’m not nearly as skilled as their artists, I think I was able to do a really great job recreating the look using the Mary Kay® products! Playing around with the makeup was really fun. I normally wear very minimal makeup so getting all dolled up was quite exciting and I was so happy with the final result!
Of course in a Beach Bronze look, the skin is going to play a super important part! I started with my usual base to hide the fact that I haven’t slept well in a week & that I have a stress breakout on my chin. With that aside it’s time to start getting that beachy, sunkissed look!
First things first, I applied the Bronzing Powder in Light-Medium (pale girl problems!) to all of the high points of my face, making sure to cover where the sun would naturally hit. I added some sunkissed rosiness with the Mineral Cheek Duo in Spiced Poppy and used the highlighter to give my face dewy shine.
Eyes are always my favorite part of any makeup look. I just like how a touch of eye shadow or a sweep of liner can really transform the entire look! Using the eye color brush I swept Amber Blaze and Gold Coast Mineral Eye Color all over my lid, then deepened the look with Precious Pink Mineral Eye Color.
To polish it all off, I took the Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black to define my lash line, and finished up with a few generous coats of Lash Love Lengthening Mascara.
Because there was so much going on in the rest of the look, I kept things simple when it came to the lips. A simple swipe of NouriShine Plus Lipgloss in Beach Bronze and I was all finished!
And a few tips.
So that is my favorite way to get a glowing, beachy look. My least favorite way, though, is going out to the sun without proper sun protection. We are given one body to live in, so we should all focus on taking care of it! As a big advocate of sun protection I just want to share a few tips to keep your skin safe out in the sun!
- SPF should be your best friend year round! Sun damage can occur anytime, even if it’s cold or cloudy.
- Your lips can get sun damage, too! Many chapsticks include SPF.
- Protect your scalp with a hat – the part in your hair is a high risk area for skin cancer.
- Always reapply sunscreen after several hours outdoors, even if there are claims that it lasts all day. Better safe than sorry!
Even as summer fades into fall, take care of your skin when you’re outside. As an added bonus, all of the TLC will pay off when you’re older and haven’t aged a day!
What is your favorite way to achieve a bronzed look without putting your skin at risk? Comment below for a chance to win a Mary Kay® prize pack!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/31/2015 – 9/27/2015